Friday, May 25, 2012

Nihonkai@ Sunway Mentari

TGIF! Today its a casual day at work, it is the most relaxing work day for me. Xiao Lan drop by after class to grab some lunch. Since I'm working in SS15, i don't really wana go so far for lunch, so we headed to Sunway Mentari for some yummy japanese food.

Nihonkai is located in Dataran Mentari, near the place where all the famous steamboat are located. I've been here once for dinner, now is my second time here for lunch.

I reach there around one and to my surprise it is quite packed. A lot of office workers went there to have lunch too.
 The set lunch and set dinner is almost the same, set dinner have an extra chawanmushi extra charge of rm4. There is a variety of choices for set dishes and affordable too.


 This a few pictures of Xiao Lan, see now you get it why i call her Xiao Lan, very blue right? LOL
Always obsessed with icy cold green tea, actually she is obsessed with all kinds of non sweet drinks with lots of ice. She is a bit of a health freak and fitness freak. wahahhaha.

That is me with my casual floral dress of the day. i have this fetish for floral dresses. I have like tons of them, Xiao Lan always say they look all the same to her, for me each and everyone of them are different.=) LOL

This is the interior of the restaurant, simple arrangements of wine bottles at the shelf.

We ordered the same set, Torikatsunabe and Shashimi. RM21
 
Close up: Torikatsunabe, a bit too sweet for me and the chicken is not very well season.

 Close up: Generous portion of Shashimi, I love it as it is very fresh.

When ever I go to a Japanese restaurent, i would surely try their Macha Red Bean.  RM6
 Xiao Lan with her gelojoh face.

Overall i would rate this place good and affordable. Great portion of shashimi. If you do not want to spend a lot of money for lunch and wana have Japanese food, i would recon this place!

Rating: Yummy & Afordable, will come back again =) 8/10

Nihonkai Japanese Restaurant
2, Jalan PJS 8/18
Dataran Mentari
46150 Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: (+603) 5630 1368
Business Hours: 12:00p.m. - 3:00p.m. & 6:00p.m. - 10:00p.m. daily

No comments: